Updated: Feb 11 2013
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GROUP: Rig Based
PHYSICAL DUTY CLASSIFICATION: Heavy
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Driller
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Rig Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: General helper on the rig whose duties work in support of drilling operations as directed by the Driller.
- 1. Understand the requirements of the Company Management System (to include policies, procedures, and expectations) and perform duties in accordance with them.
2. Propose recommendations for improvements to the Company Management System or practices.
3. Understand that everyone has the responsibility, authority, and obligation to interrupt an operation if a condition or behavior is observed which could cause harm to people, assets or the environment and act on understanding as required. (Stop work authority)
4. Identify hazards in the workplace and report them to the Driller.
5. Participate in pre-tour and pre-task meetings.
6. Work under the direction of the Driller and/or Rig Manager.
7. Perform maintenance and repairs on rig equipment as directed by the Driller.
8. Work on the rig floor during tripping operations as directed by the Driller.
9. Operate pipe handling equipment on the drilling location.
10. Maintain good housekeeping on the drilling location to include rig components, offices and accommodations.
11. Report incidents, equipment failures, system failures and abnormalities as per Company procedures.
12. Train and mentor new Floormen as they are assigned to the rig.
- Successful completion of pre-hire physical assessment and drug screen.
Have the ability to climb and work or perform maintenance and repairs to heights up to 175'.
- Complete all Company required training as per the People Development process.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available