Keen Energy Services
Updated: Apr 16 2012
||Electrician, Field Service Tech, Rig Electrician
||Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Keen Energy Services is seeking individuals who are looking for a career with a company whose culture is grounded in the core values of safety, integrity, environmental stewardship, enthusiasm, teamwork, results driven performance, customer focus and respect for everyone.
Keen Energy Services is engaged in the contract drilling of onshore oil and natural gas wells for exploration and production companies. Keen operates a modern fleet of 26 electric rigs. Keen's operations are located primarily in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana. We currently have a job opportunity for an electrical/amphion technician in our support group. This position has the following minimum requirements:
This position requires contributing to the maintenance of all electrical equipment operations. The following are requirements that are needed as well as expectations for this technician position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Abide by Keens Vision statement
- Diagnose and troubleshoot AC/DC module, generator controls and exciter circuits, plc inputs and outputs, encoders, regenerative braking circuits.
- Perform upgrades to equipment as well as repairs
- Inspect equipment in the field for operating efficiently and exercise proactively for potential wear and tear of the Equipment to satisfy that all is in good working order.
- Inspect equipment in the field for operating efficiency and for potential wear and tear of the equipment.
- Assist operations with maintenance schedules and coordinate all repairs to supervisor
- Perform daily logs of activities and do all required safety documents for tasks
- Document daily repairs; Maintain service history for motors, generators and controls.
- Perform Inspections of equipment and fill out appropriate paperwork for the task.
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner that will not present harm or danger to the general public or individuals and ensures that work is done in accordance with relevant codes and practices
- Read and understand schematics and prints.
- Ability to use test equipment to perform duties.
- Troubleshoot 4 to 20 milliamps signals and conditioners.
- Troubleshoot and decipher plc code online.
- Configure parameters on VFD drives to NOV/Omron specs.
- Ability to troubleshoot VFD drives and SCR drives.
- Working knowledge of NOV/Omron SCR and AC systems.
- Working knowledge of Amphion systems
- Knowledge of voltage up too 600VAC, and DC to 12 VDC, Delta and WYE systems.
- Self starter highly motivated, able to work with others as well as alone
- Be reachable by phone while on duty at all times.
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to perform power limit calculations and adjust power limit.
- Ability to troubleshoot to board level on AC/DC modules.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the ability to provide technical support.
- Vocational/Technical Electrical Training preferred
- Oilfield Services work experience preferred.
- Professional certifications/Training is desired.
Technicians will be provided with a service truck, all required tools, paid expenses and competitive wages based on experience.
Employment with Keen Energy Services is subject to a successful hair follicle drug screen and verification of the applicant's legal right to work in the US. Keen offers very competitive base salaries for our employees as well as EXCELLENT benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching contributions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available