Updated: Nov 2 2011
||Workover or Completion
||Slave Lake, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production. We are a leading provider for high-performance technology that creates value from oil and gas reservoirs. Virtually every product and service we provide is designed to lower costs, reduce risk or improve productivity during activities directly related to hydrocarbon extraction, advancing reservoir performance. Baker Hughes operates in over 90 countries serving independent, international and national oil companies. Our service network is organized into 23 Geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres. Region and Geomarket management teams work to understand customer needs and coordinate delivery of individual products and comprehensive service solutions that include the right Baker Hughes technologies for the project.
Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. We are currently recruiting for an Field Specialist (Toolhand) to join the Baker Hughes team in Slave Lake, Alberta Canada.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Running multiple applications in one or more product line in Cased Hole Completions.
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job.
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to and upon completion of job.
- Provides record of equipment and other assemblies as run to the Customer Representative at the wellsite.
- Advises Customer Representative in spotting and actuating such equipment and may advise the Customer Representative in troubleshooting.
- Drives Company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrives at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out required responsibilities safely and as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Ability to work away from home, working in extreme weather conditions.
- Good understanding of basic math, good with numbers.
At Baker Hughes we make a commitment to the success of each individual team member. We offer benefits to chart your career path such as training, specialty assignments, cross-functional team projects, and much more. Additionally, Baker Hughes offers you the flexibility - and opportunities - you need to achieve your career goals.
- Oil field experience is a definite asset
- Drilling and service rigs or oil tool experience is required
- Experience Running isolation or stimulation tools is an asset
- H2s and First aid is an asset (BH will pay for renewal)
Only people eligible to work in Canada that do not require a work permits will be considered
Candidates will be required to meet the Baker Hughes Drug and Alcohol policy
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available