Updated: Nov 18 2011
||A B Seaman
Closed - No longer accepting applications
• Reports to: Chief Mate
• In-direct Reports: Deck Foreman
• Work as a deck hand performing daily maintenance activities, including painting and housekeeping.
• Maintain Bridge duties as required under the supervision of the Officer on Watch.
• Assist the Chief Mate to implement the established planned preventative maintenance and repair procedures for the vessel's hull, superstructure, and all associated equipment.
• Assist the Chief Mate in ensuring that all safety equipment is in its proper place and maintained in accordance with the vessel's Safety Management System.
• Use and maintain the correct personal protective equipment.
• Maintain the good housekeeping of the vessel as directed by the Chief Mate.
• Assist with the loading and unloading operations and transfer of personnel, stores and equipment.
• Assist with mooring and unmooring operations.
• Assist the Chief Mate with ensuring that all the load bearing equipment and pressure vessels are maintained and inspected.
• Assist the HLO in all Flight Deck operations and assist with ensuring that all fellow crewmembers involved in helicopter/ship operations are trained in standards, procedures and equipment necessary to maintain the safety of the ship, its crew and the helicopter aircrew.
• Has a good working knowledge and understanding in the use, mixing and application of all paints and solvents on board.
• Assist in all operations connected with the launching and recovery of lifeboats and life rafts.
• Assist with all rigging operations in the Deck department
• Assists with the rigging and scaffolding activities in support of deck and hull maintenance work.
• Ensures reliable operation of marine equipment, including navigation lights, anchor windlass, winches, and other equipment important to maintaining seaworthy conditions onboard the rig.
• Assists with anchor-handling and mooring operations on deck; including bringing vessels alongside.
• Provides carpentry support wherever required on the rig.
• Certificate for the construction and inspection of scaffolding
• Hazardous Materials training
• STCW 95
• Merchant Mariners AB Unlimited certified
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available