The Virtual Bench
Updated: May 31 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Safety Engineering, PSM, HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, physical effects modeling
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX /New Orleans, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm that works with some of the most well-known names in Upstream energy. Our client, a major global O&G company, is looking for several technical safety engineers -- some to be officed in Houston and some in New Orleans (experience levels will range from 3+ years to 20+ years).
NOTE**: This is for an ENGINEER, for someone with Process/PSM background, NOT the generic HSE/safety professional.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
- Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). Due to large numbers of candidates ignoring this requirement, those in violation will be reported to Rigzone.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- meet the requirements specified below
Our client is one of the ''super major'' international O&G operators with an excellent reputation in Upstream operations. They offer an excellent compensation program that includes salary, bonuses, and ''best in industry'' benefits. Additionally, they provide a great work environment that includes some of the top professionals in the industry, innovative technology, support for employee development and career growth and a work/life balance.
The Upstream Americas portfolio today generates significant cash flow from core producing areas. We explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas, often in joint ventures with international and national oil companies. We have a robust portfolio of deepwater and onshore acreage across the Americas to ensure sustained production. The Gas Monetization business focuses on ways to leverage our significant natural gas position in new and existing markets, such as converting natural gas to liquids (GTL) to provide cleaner burning fuels. We are also developers of wind power as a means to generate electricity. Upstream Americas will invest in developing our existing resource base to sustain profitable core areas, in growing integrated gas positions and new material oil projects and in unlocking additional unconventional oil and gas resources.
- Technical Safety, Systems Safety, Process Safety Engineering support to Operations in US, both onshore and deepwater Gulf of Mexico as well as to Projects delivered by the Onshore Project Services and Deepwater Projects
- Primary focus will be on the application of technical/systems/process safety tools to a wide range of issues ranging from new projects to modification and operations support of existing assets
- Identification, assessment and documentation of health, safety and environmental risk reduction and control strategies for significant hazards
- Plan, organize, scribe, facilitate, lead assessment and control activities such as: HAZIDs/HAZOPs, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRAs), FMEAC, Facility Siting/Layout Studies, Physical Effects Modeling, etc
- Apply risk management and systems safety concepts throughout project lifecycle
- Applying applicable codes and standards
- Support ''Fit-for-purpose'' implementation of global corporate standards
- Support development, modification and implementation of the Upstream Americas HSSE Management System
- Minimum of a BS in Engineering or Advanced Science degree
- Minimum 3 years petrochemical industry or aviation, aerospace/military industry experience applying principles and practices of loss prevention, risk assessment, safety engineering and hazard management
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Experienced in technical/systems/process safety tools and techniques such as HAZID, HAZOP, physical effects modeling, FMEAC and Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Experience with risk based decision making and justification of selected course of action
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards such as API and OSHA PSM and their application in the oil and gas industry is helpful
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available