Talisman Energy Inc.
Updated: Jan 16 2013
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technologist
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM.
Req ID: 207
Location: Houston, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
- Establishing strategies, plans and standards for Process Instrumentation, Measurement and Automation systems and projects that meet current and foreseeable future requirements of Talisman US Operations
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to create high level Instrumentation, Measurement and Automation system designs well in advance of construction projects (including but not limited to Process controls, Meter Runs, EFMs, RTUs, PLCs, SCADA HMI systems, process historians, networks and communications, data provisioning and work flow)
- Monitoring the construction and installation and commissioning of Process Instrumentation, Measurement and Automation systems by Talisman and external parties to ensure systems are designed to Talisman standards and are installed and configured to completion
- Coordinating Measurement activities such as gas sampling, meter calibration and inspection cycles for the operating area
- Coordinating calibration, documentation, troubleshooting, and repair/replace instrumentation for systems that measure and control level, temperature, pressure, flow, and other process variables.
- Working directly with partners to establish process control/data integration/de-integration means
- Providing technical and work flow escalation support to front line operations and maintenance personnel for Instrumentation, Measurement and Automation system break-fix situations
- Interacting with maintenance teams to provision training and create suitable work processes that enable adequate support of Instrumentation, Measurement and Automation systems
- Stewarding work processes and data management on behalf of all stakeholders that respond to ongoing process control integrity management and data provision of key work flows
- Traveling to area sites to perform system reviews to ensure regulatory compliance and that contribute to continuous improvement
- Evaluating equipment, software and business solutions
- Driving new ideas that will differentiate Talisman US from its peers and competitors
- The ideal candidate will be an engineer or technologist with 8+ years of experience preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- The candidate is, ideally, an ISA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST)
- The candidate will have broad experience and understanding of oil and gas Measurement and Automation systems from Instrumentation through SCADA systems to corporate systems and will also have some experience with asset management.
- The candidate must have experience and understanding of the regulatory requirements for Measurement of Hydrocarbons in South Texas.
- The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders both in articulating standards and practices to others but equally in listening to and examining opportunities for improvement. Strong facilitation and collaboration skills are a must and a focus on teamwork is essential. Effective time management and prioritization skills are also required.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the USA will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available