Mentor IMC Group
Updated: Oct 5 2011
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PIPING & HYDROTEST SUPERVISOR required by our Client, an International Oil & Gas EPC Contractor, to be based in Quingdao, China.
DURATION: 12 months
Implement the Piping design and supervise the work of the Contractor through preparation of fabrication and construction to ensure integrity of the Piping work. To establish and maintain a good working relationship and communication with other site team members, advise areas of concern and take an active role in implementation of necessary actions. As a member of the site team, to foster and maintain the team approach and to take an active role in the health, safety and welfare of all.
Position line reports to: Construction Manager
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish a good working relationship with the Contractors engineering, design and construction personnel, maintain good communications and conduct regular meetings with the engineering/construction counterparts in the Contractors organisation.
- To be fully aware of the material required and status of procurement at all times and to interface with the site Material Co-coordinator and the Contractor to secure supply to meet the schedule.
- To keep records, notes and minutes of meetings of events and actions.
- To take part in discussions with the Contractor's personnel to establish the Contractor's priority and schedule for PAR Piping deliverables. To actively expedite those priorities on behalf of the site organisation for the benefit of the project.
- To actively pursue measures to help meet or better the Project schedule. To ensure that the Contractors engineering, fabrication and construction schedules are known and on track.
- Review and approve Contractor's technical documents and procedures related to the Piping discipline.
- Review and approve materials and products to be procured by the Contractor.
- Report daily to the Construction Manager.
- Provide input to project reporting.
- To have read and be familiar with the site manual and procedures and to comply. Provide suggestions and input to improve procedures and work practices.
- Take a proactive role and assist the Contractor where necessary in establishing the required level of quality of engineering and construction in accordance with project standards and procedures.
- React promptly and in a positive manner to correct any non-conformances in the work or the engineering process.
- To act at all times as a member of the site team, take part in site meetings both internally and with the contractor and keep other members of the site team informed of problems and or areas of concern.
- Take an active role in planned and ad hoc audits of the Contractor's engineering and construction processes.
- Take a positive and proactive role and responsibility in safety and to foster the same in others.
- Take part in review of Contractor's RFI's (request for information-site queries), as required, and provide input to solutions and approval.
- Where required, subject to the approval of the Construction Manager, provide instruction to the Contractor.
- Engineering degree in appropriate engineering subject or proven experience and capability.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the construction of oil and gas Facilities Piping systems.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Hydro Testing of Process & Utility Piping Systems'
- Minimum 10 years experience in implementing Flange Management process on piping systems
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a remote site team.
- Good interpersonnel skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Good organisational skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available