Updated: Sep 14 2011
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Oasis Petroleum is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on the acquisition and development of unconventional oil and natural gas resources. We hold a significant position in the Williston Basin, Montana and North Dakota and are executing on a large scale development there. Our management team has a proven track record in identifying, acquiring and executing large, repeatable developments drilling programs, not only in the Williston Basin but all over the world.
As the Regulatory Supervisor, you will be located in downtown Houston and provide overall leadership for state and local environmental and regulatory permitting in support of oil and gas production and operations activities. Your responsibilities will include regulatory reporting, compiling production data and preparing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets while overseeing any other technical support necessary for the Operations department to be successful. We will also rely on you to perform the following duties:
• Oversee the preparation of all regulatory and production reporting.
• Manage, supervise and direct activities of Regulatory Specialist and Technician staff.
• Manage all regulatory affairs associated with drilling and producing oil and gas wells. This will include local, state and federal authorities. It will also include initial and recurring permits and applications required by governmental agencies.
• Meet with government officials in the regulatory departments to ensure rulemaking aligns with the company strategy.
• Make certain all annual updates, renewals, and reports are submitted to state and local municipalities while keeping company informed of any changes to permit requirements and ensure compliance.
• Coordinate Oasis' response to rule changes with different governmental entities.
• Interface with drilling and production personnel to ensure environmental permit requirements/standards are properly integrated and aligned with permitting strategy.
• Administer contracts within area of responsibility (establish work orders, approve invoices, monitor performance).
• Monitor progress of work, anticipate issues and bring action to ensure quality on work products. Ensure the team personnel are delivering on work commitments and meeting project schedule requirements.
• Advise drilling and production personnel of applicable regulations that might impact activities.
• As needed or requested, other activities to support well operations, drilling activities, audits and accounting obligations.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant years of experience.
• 10+ years of industry experience related to oil and gas regulatory compliance.
• Proven leadership and management abilities.
• Experience interacting with government regulatory officials.
• Experience interacting with a variety of external entities (e.g. NGOs and local communities).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must; influencing, consulting and mentoring skills will be helpful.
• Good communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and an automated production allocation process.
• Experience with North Dakota and Montana Regulatory Agencies.
We offer competitive annual compensation and an excellent benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the Company. In addition, we strive to provide and maintain a positive work environment where each employee feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available