Vinarco International Limited
Updated: Aug 17 2011
||Drilling Engineering, Drilling Superintendent, Petroleum Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Ho Chi Minh City, Viet nam
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Drilling Operations Manager
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
Develop and implement Drilling / Engineering functional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of drilling and logistical support functions so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
Budgets and Plans
Ensure the preparation and consolidation of the Drilling / Engineering function & departmental budgets and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
Approval of Expenditure
Generate the documentation for Approval of Expenditure (AFE) based on the inputs of a peer review with partners in order to obtain approval to proceed with the Well Program
Well Plans and Programs
Manage and coordinate the development of Well Plans and Programs based on the scope of works of Reservoir Engineering to undertake efficient drilling activities and interventions safely and efficiently in line with the Client objectives and in compliance with Government regulations
Execution of Well Programs
* Ensure the implementation of the well drilling program to achieve all Drilling objectives within the Scope of Work and the Approval of Expenditure (AFE).
* Hand over the completed well to the Production team for commencement of Production operations.
Oversee the workover / well servicing aspects in coordination and direction of the reservoir development team.
Oversee the process of well testing and ensure logging/electric logging of the results
Prepare the PoD for all aspects related to drilling costs, schedule, wells etc and submit it to the government for their approval.
* Establish a bid list and qualify vendors, prepare a potential vendor list, Scope of works, Delivery schedule in order to provide the Procurement Department with the appropriate specifications for procurement and tendering process.
Monitoring of Drilling Projects and Reports
* Monitor and control the progress of the Drilling projects viz. Approved budgeted costs, quality, timelines, standard of the Contractors in order to ensure that exploratory project objectives are met in line with approved parameters
* Ensure that periodical progress reports are prepared and sent to keep top management informed about the progress of various Drilling activities and projects to facilitate decision making
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Scope: The Operations Manager reports to the President / Country Manager and confers with the latter on all critical & strategic issues.
Challenges: The job holder develops strategies for the Drilling unit, reservoir engineering and directs the development of functional policies, systems, processes and procedures and compliance of the same
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
A good Engineering Degree e.g. Mechanical, Petroleum, Mining or equivalent with a good understanding of Drilling and Petroleum Engineering technology and upstream processes.
A minimum of 15 plus years of Drilling and Engineering; and Logistical Support experience across multiple drilling locations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available