Aerotek Energy Services
Updated: Feb 19 2013
||CAD/CAM, Design Engineer, SolidWorks
||Based on Experience
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Aerotek Energy Services has several immediate openings for SolidWorks Designers for our large manufacturing power generation client in the Houston, TX area.
The SolidWorks Designer's role is to provide design, detailing, and drafting related to mechanical systems of a project. The position requires close interface with Project Engineers, Project Managers, shop personnel and with service engineers and technicians.
- Creates drawing to assist engineers in developing product designs. Develops preliminary sketches or schematics, layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Provide design functions, associated with preparing all customer drawings for the Design scope.
- Uses computer-aided drafting software to develop layouts, drawings and designs that meet engineering specifications.
- Reviews engineering drawings, analyzes design and retrievers information to compete drawing layout or design.
- Able to perform design and drafting work on Solidworks and AutoCAD 2000 or above.
- Possess the ability to work with subordinate designers and drafters to communicate design principals and to manage the drawing generation process.
- Must have a ''can do'' attitude and ability to juggle multiple needs from customers (internal & external).
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in design, detailing and drafting related to mechanical systems in one or more areas- piping, structural and/or skid mounted equipment.
- 2 years Solidworks experience is preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available