Rowan Companies, Inc.
Updated: Apr 11 2012
||Environmental Engineer, Environmental Safety & Training
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Education & Certifications:
Preferred BS in Technical Field, including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology. Certifications and experience in Quality Management Systems and Environmental Fields are desirable.
Professional Work Experience:
Candidate will have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in Environmental Management Systems, specifically in developing and implementing comprehensive compliance program, including environmental management systems, document control, updating and tracking training programs, review of regulatory initiatives, etc. Experience preferably in the oil & gas industry. Experience working in Texas and Louisiana is a plus as would be experience in implementing environmental management software programs and ISO 14001. International offshore regulatory experience is a plus.
Reporting Relationships & Work Location:
Position will work under Environmental Supervisor and the Vice President of HSE. Report to work location is at the Corporate Office near Galleria, Houston, TX but with car and air travel to company locations as needed.
Key Internal Interfaces:
Operations (Drilling & Manufacturing), Training, Engineering, HR, Public Affairs, Legal, Safety and other Environmental Functions and as requested.
Key External Interfaces:
Regulatory Agencies, Emergency Response Organizations, Outside Counsel, Industry Organizations, Consultants, Clients and Customers.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Maintain and update Rowan Companies, Inc. Environmental Management System, benchmarking with other systems, keeping it a living document, reflecting and incorporating and disseminating changes as needed.
• Training - develop all types of Environmental training materials for Rowan Environmental programs, procedures, systems, etc. Conduct training, track completion and comprehension questionnaires.
• Regulatory - review pending environmental regulations that impact areas of Rowan's operations.
• Participate in compliance programs, including assessments and audits, and assist staff in ensuring that responsible entities are working to close any identified gaps.
• Interface with and be contact with customers in regard to Rowan's Environmental Management Programs as it pertains to operations conducted on their behalf on Rowan Facilities.
Minimum Performance Expectations:
• Fluent understanding of federal and state environmental laws and regulations.
• Clear and concise communications, both written and oral.
• Ability to effectively work with in all levels or divisions or organization.
• Reasonable travel as needed to field installations & facilities, including overnight.
• Assist in incident investigations and emergency response.
• Exhibit impeccable integrity, adherence to company policies and programs.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available