LR Energy - Drilling
Updated: May 24 2013
||Marine Engineering, Marine Surveyor, Subsea Engineering, Consulting skills, reporting capabilities, computer literate, diplomacy
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling
As we are a rapidly growing company, we are continuously looking for highly experienced and qualified personnel - in short: we are looking for the best in the industry!
Who are we? Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling is a newly formed company which thrives on the extensive experience of both ModuSpec & WEST Engineering Services. For more than 25 years, WEST and ModuSpec have successfully provided audits on people, systems and equipment, inspections services for drilling equipment on rigs of all types, from ultra-deep-water to land rigs, as well as career development programmes (training).
Lloyd's Register acquired the ModuSpec Group in 2008 and WEST Engineering Services in 2012, with the aim of expanding their suite of services in the upstream industry and particularly within the drilling industry. To achieve this objective, these two leading drilling industry domain experts were combined into one new company: Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling. With over 600 experienced employees working from seven offices worldwide, we provide services to a wide range of international clients. Our unique company composition is backed by over 250 years of experience from Lloyd's Register.
- Conduct rig acceptance, condition and selection surveys, either independently or as a member of a team.
- Arrange start-up and job close-out meetings with the client.
- Draw up high quality reports as per LR Energy - Drilling standards in the predetermined time schedule.
- Conduct incident investigations, feasibility and maintenance system reviews as per client requirements.
YOUR BACKGROUND: You have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Maintenance of the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated well control equipment in accordance to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines.
- Experience in the operating, function testing & well-boor testing the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required.
- Experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of the subsea BOP control system
- Maintenance of the BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the riser guideline and pod line tensioners
- Reviewing records of inspection and certification of subsea equipment Knowledge of the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment.
- Experience in the assembly, installation, and nipple down the BOP and all well control equipment as required
- Experience in the operation, maintenance and testing of hydraulic connectors.
- Experience in the running and testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintain the wellhead running and retrieval test tools.
- Experience in ensuring the required riser tensioning pressure is set to comply with the mud weight in use.
- Experience in checking that an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.
- Calculation of the BOP stack's ram space out immediately after landing the BOP.
- Knowledge of calculation and records of ton-miles on wire ropes.
- Ensure systems are in place so that supervisors are informed of any issues relating to the subsea equipment, which may affect the safe and efficient running of operations.
- Knowledge in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- A college degree in (marine) engineering or similar is desirable but not essential
- Oilfield/industrial trade qualifications are an advantage.
- Diplomacy and excellent social skills
- Professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Capable of conducting surveys independently (or achieving this in the future).
- Decision-making abilities
- Capable of identifying defects, determining equipment non-conformities, analyzing reasons for major deficiencies and committing the findings to a solid unambiguous report
- A minimum of a least 10 years working experience in a relevant position in the drilling or marine industry
- Team worker
- Knowledge of industry norms such as API, ISO or NORSOK is an advantage.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available