Rowan Companies, Inc.
Updated: Feb 20 2012
||Gulf of Mexico, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Roustabout is responsible for initiating cargo work, maintenance and general labor duties. 14/14 in the Gulf of Mexico.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in assembling cargo vessels.
- Loads and unloads cargo from helicopters and supply vessels.
- Performs minor maintenance as required.
- Assists in maintaining tubular goods.
- Relieve Floorhands as required.
- Assists in maintaining deck machinery and other equipment as required.
- Assists in mixing mud and chemicals.
- Makes up part of emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
- Comply with HS&E policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Prerequisites
- No supervisory responsibilities
Requires the capability to perform very heavy work. Very Heavy Work: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing 50 lbs. or more. Special note: Certain conditions could require lifting loads weighing 100 lbs. or more.
As a general rule, the nature of field-based work will require personnel to be able to perform certain physically demanding tasks. Please see General Guidelines for detailed descriptions.
The environment of an oil rig is at risk for potential explosions due to the large amounts of oil and natural gas present. Safety training programs are mandatory on oil rigs and precautions are taken to ensure a safe working environment.
Intent of Job Description
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Employee may be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above as the above duties describe only the typical primary features of the job and should not be construed as describing all the duties which are part of the job.
Please no phone calls.
- At least one year of current Offshore Roustabout experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available