Updated: Dec 26 2012
||Dynamic Position Officer
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Pacific Drilling has an immediate opening for a. DPO on an equal time rotational basis with for an operational drillship.
The Dynamic Positioning Operator (DPO) operates the automated and fixed station keeping system of the vessel.
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers,focus on doing things right first
- time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Operate the dynamic positioning (DP) equipment under the direction of the Sr. DPO, DPO or Chief Mate.
- Operate and understand the Ballast Control System, Power Management System and Fire and Gas Detection Systems.
- Maintain the vessel in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim.
- Assist in setting up the DP System operational parameters.
- Ensure all DP System data is recorded.
- Advise the Chief Mate / Sr. DPO, DPO, or Master of potential position loss.
- Assist with running and maintaining records for hydrophones and subsea beacons.
- Make regular use of the onboard simulator, when available.
- Ensure there is adequate power and reserves of power for the maintenance of position and operations - give immediate attention of any problems.
- Assist with performing preventative maintenance on the DP equipment.
- Ensure that all defects or anomalies are reported to the Sr. DPO or Chief Mate and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure they are adequately corrected.
- Understudy the DPO and deputize as required.
- Stand navigational watch as required.
- Sound ballast and bulk tanks. Assist with loading and sampling of bulk products as required.
- Assist the Master and Chief Mate with deck operations as required. Perform emergency duties and responsibilities as stated on the Station Bill, DP Emergency Response Plan and vessel specific Emergency Response Manual.
- Utilize radar displays for detection and the interpretation of local severe weather patterns.
- System specific knowledge of DP Control System redundancy, alarms and warnings.
- System specific knowledge of Vessel Management System redundancy, alarms and warnings.
- Knowledge of the vessel's FMEA and its implications.
- Play an active role in the weekly meetings and all other Company Safety Management Systems.
- Perform planned maintenance on Firefighting Equipment and Life Saving Appliances, as well as other marine equipment as directed by the Chief Mate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent English communication skills (oral and written).
Valid DP cert from the Nautical Institute.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available