Oando Energy Services Limited
Updated: Apr 30 2013
||Maintenance Engineer, Rig Electrician
||Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Challenging Career Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Industry
Oando Plc, Africa's leading integrated energy solutions provider is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the following vacant position:
Overall Purpose of the Position: Maintain and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig
• Perform daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment.
• Organize and promote the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
• Carry out periodic maintenance according to the PMS guidelines and coordinate same with supervisors and other department heads.
• Maintain and repair power plants and monitor power distribution - ensure power is available at all times.
• Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system.
• Troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drilling equipment and tools.
• Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, et cetera.
• Ensure the permit to work and isolation systems are followed.
• Implement the follow up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients,
• Regulatory Authorities or rig management.
• Assist in ensuring that all third party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig.
• Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.
• Supply information to assist in the development of maintenance and repair budget.
• Ensure that service, maintenance and other operational reports are accurate and complete.
• Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use
Position and person Specifications
• High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
• Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
• Previous experience with Canrig and CAT engines plus knowledge of technical calculations required for safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for all applications is 30th May 2013
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available