Updated: Feb 21 2013
||Offshore Crane Operator
Closed - No longer accepting applications
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Sparrows Stage 3, HLO, Helideck & Fire Team Member/Leader. Desirable: Dangerous goods Certificate. Must have previous experience operating Knuckleboom and Lattice Boom Cranes.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas.
• Instructing and supervising crew, ensuring work is carried out safely following all Stena Drilling's procedures.
• Stopping any job if it appears unsafe or if the job is not going according to plan.
• Ensure lifting equipment used is checked before use and fit for purpose, and that current colour code I.D. and SWL is clearly marked. Follow lifting equipment quarantine procedures.
• Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly crane checks and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance System and Manufacturer's recommendations. Report any defects immediately.
• Shall report any damage or incidents that occur to the crane or structure during lifting operations immediately to the Barge Master/Engineer.
• Ensure all lifting & rigging operations, supply boat and deck lifts are controlled and carried out safely. Lift Plans, Risk Assessments and procedures are in place prior to lifts, complying with LOLER. Crane Operations are carried out within the Operational parameters.
• Plan work scope in conjunction with Barge Master / Barge Engineer and other Supervisors. Supervise the loading and securing of equipment in containers.
• Liaise with Store Man and Operators Materials Man for loading and back loading requirements of equipment.
• Responsible to act as Fire Team Leader.
• Responsible to act as HLO during Helicopter operations. Ensure Lift Plans are completed with all involved BEFORE commencing any Lifting Operations. Hold Tool Box Talks. All personnel must understand their own task for the job. Comply with Stena Drilling policy for Risk Assessment. That suitable and sufficient assessment of all risks to health and safety of personnel, assets or environment are carried out for all work activities. Identify and coach Roustabouts, who may be suitable to relieve Roughnecks on the Drill Floor. Identify and train Roustabouts who may be suitable as future Crane Operators. Be fully aware of the use, type and location of all Fire Fighting Equipment and Life Saving Equipment. Monitor that crew members have a safe work site and that the tools are suitable for the task. Ensure all walkways and escape ways remain clear. Be aware of COSHH requirements for the correct stowage, handling, use and PPE requirements for materials. Ensure Radio Active and Explosives lockers are correctly stowed. Ensure equipment is secure to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion. Keep the Barge Master conversant with the attitude, aptitude and aspirations of the Roustabout crews. Undertake training onshore and offshore to comply with the Training Matrix for Crane Operator.
• To complete Stena Drilling's Competence Assurance Scheme for the position within 12 months, on completion of probationary period.
• Undertake Emergency training exercises onboard as directed by Barge Master.
• Train and coach Roustabouts for the specific rig equipment and safe work methods.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available