Updated: Dec 24 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Current IWCF well control certificate.
Previous experience as a Toolpusher and previous experience on a semi-sub or drillship.
Self motivated and competent in man management.
- Control all Drilling Operations and other interrelated activities being performed during his shift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the Drilling Operations are carried out as defined in the approved Operators Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operation is executed in accordance with Stenas Drilling Operation manual and RSWMs. Report directly to the Senior Toolpusher any deviations from approved Operators Instructions or Drilling programme. Manage and monitor the execution of the Planned Maintenance System within the Drilling Department. Ensuring that all maintenance carried out on drilling equipment has been entered into the TAG system. Maintain the tubular inventory. Prepare Drilling Reports. Check instructions, programmes and calculations supplied by Operator. Provide relief for the Driller as required. Supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment. Advise the Senior Toolpusher of any impending downtime. Ensure Drillers are familiar with space-out and shut-in procedure. Check the accuracy of kick sheets and monitor trip sheets.
- Actively promote the STOP system and the PTW system and ensure full participation by the Drilling Department in both.
- Ensure the contents of the Operator's Instructions and the Drilling Programme do not contradict Stena's H S &E Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for participation in and commitment to Stena Drilling's Dropped Object Procedure.
- Review and update Risk Assessments with crews on a regular basis when warranted and ensure the appropriate RA is reviewed prior to the commencement of each task. Update Risk Assessments and Rig Specific Work Methods and Procedures, following task completion where lessons learned can positively affect future similar operations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available