Smith a Schlumberger Company
Updated: Mar 29 2011
||Sales and Marketing
||Rock Springs, WY, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Schlumberger Limited is the world's leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions and integrated project management that optimize reservoir performance for customers working in the oil and gas industrial markets. Smith business segments offer a wide range of products and services for the oil and gas industry.
Smith Services, a Schlumberger company, provides a wide range of products and services to meet customer requirements for oil and gas drilling operations. Backed by the extensive experience and knowledge of our people, we aim to create unprecedented value for our customers by providing state-of-the-art drilling solutions for the most challenging formations.
Our Smith Services group is seeking to hire a qualified candidate to fill the position of Field Sales Rep responsible for Field Sales & Services for our Rock Springs, WY location.
- Maintain current client list and expand client base.
- Conduct the Sales & Service of oilfield equipment (i.e. Rotating Control Device, Torque Control Units) along with other equipment when needed.
- Work-load permitting.
- Travel a high number of miles per day and long work hours.
- Expected to be on call 24 hours/day.
- Assist in obtaining all required paperwork from customers, specifically invoices and ship tickets.
- Responsible for Field Sales related to Smith Drilling & Evaluation product and services.
- Assist field service personnel on an as needed basis.
- Ensure all employee activities are executed in a manner that conforms to Smith's corporate QHSE management system guidelines and initiatives.
- Maintain assigned vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in related field.
- 3-5 years Tubular, Whipstock, and Rhino Sales experience preferred
- Solid general knowledge of drilling operations.
- Must be willing to work long hours and be on call 24 hours/day.
- Good driving record required.
- Excellent work ethic, demonstrated by a positive attitude and completing your work on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to relate well to others, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage relationships/possess excellent networking skills.
- Basic computer skills, MS Word, Outlook, Excel & Power Point.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
Smith offers a competitive salary, benefit packages including 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Education Reimbursement and advancement opportunities for innovative people.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available