Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc.
Updated: May 9 2011
||Drilling Consultant, Drilling Foreman, Toolpusher, Education/Experience|
High school education and 10 years of deepwater experience in a supervisory capacity; deepwater subsalt experience would be a plus.
- A total commitment to health, safety and the community in operations and processes.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Analytical skills as well as the ability to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving.
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the most attractive hydrocarbon basins in the world. We have a management team noted for its technical expertise, an incomparable asset suite and the financial support of Nexen Inc., one of Canada's largest international oil and gas exploration and production companies.
Comp Work Statement
This position is not eligible for Nexen's Compressed Work Schedule program (CWS).
The Drill Site Managers are accountable for providing planning and on-site supervision and management of the Nexen Offshore Team, the contractor, and service personnel to drill and complete projects and operations in a safe, legal, environmentally acceptable and effective manner. This is to be achieved by using and adhering to all Nexen's policies, guidelines, rules and directives and all governmental regulations. Office location is in Houston, Texas
This position reports directly to the Drilling Superintendent. This position also works with:
- Suppliers and Contractors
- Regional Supply & Logistics Support Personnel
- Drilling Engineers
- Rig Clerks
- Shorebase Support Personnel
- G&G Rig Site Personnel
- QA/QC Engineers/Advisors
- Cost Control Analysts
- Regional HSE&SR Advisors and Leaders
- Supply Management Systems Administrators
Key focal point and contact between the D&C Office Team and D&C Offshore Team. The role requires significant interface with Drilling Engineers, Shorebase, Rig Personnel, and Logistics.
- Plans and directly supervises the day-to-day field work performed by the Nexen Offshore Team, contractors and service personnel associated with drilling and completions (D&C) operations.
- Coordinates logistics of material, equipment and personnel utilized in field operations.
- Adequately communicates with Drilling Superintendent and office staff on progress / problems related to daily field operations.
- Communicates and coordinates with Drilling Superintendent and Engineer on any revisions to project plans, procedures or operations.
- Monitors project operational performance against established goals and objectives, and identifies and recommends / executes on opportunities of continuous improvement.
- Establishes criteria on and monitors the performance of contractors and service companies, and communicates any issues of concern to Drilling Superintendent.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and guidelines associated with Nexen's Safety Management System including on-site activities such as safety meetings, drills, accurate accident / incident reporting, accident / incident investigation, spill reporting, equipment inspections, etc.
- Conducts planned inspections as needed.
- Ensures daily preparation and transmittal of accurate electronic morning reports.
- Ensures end-of-hitch paperwork required by staff is prepared and delivered to appropriate personnel.
- Consults with office staff on project plans, operational issues and utilization of appropriate technology.
Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer./ Principals Only / No phone calls or emails please.
If you do not have access to the Internet or need accommodations submitting your resume, you may fax your resume to 972-450-4612, call toll-free at 1-800-421-2454 or mail your resume to:
Nexen Petroleum USA Inc.
5601 Granite Parkway, Suite 1400
Plano, TX 75024
To Apply For This Position, Go To:
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available