Updated: Mar 7 2011
||Field Service Tech
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Longmont, CO, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd is one of the largest international oil and natural gas service companies. The company provides a myriad of products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning. Weatherford employs more than 43,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
Safely achieve vertical alignment on tubular joints and all work necessary to accomplish such tasks from rig derrick.
* Prepare accurate tickets, job reports, time sheets, and other administrative forms.
* Independently operate and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair of tubular service equipment.
* Assist in developing job action planning with customer on location.
* Verify all necessary equipment and supplies are on location and in proper working condition.
* Conduct pre-job safety meeting.
* May serve as well site representative when required
* Rig up and rig down power tongs and power units.
* Handle all tools and equipment needed in rig derrick.
* Align and stab tubulars in conjunction with tong operator and driller.
* Latch and unlatch elevators and pick up line.
* Assist in duties required with ongoing casing/tubular operations.
* Visually inspect stabbing equipment and tools before, during, and after job to ensure safe working conditions.
* Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
* Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
* Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
* Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
* Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
* 3+ years experience in related field
* General knowledge of casing/tubing operations
* Strong communication skills
* Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
* Mechanical aptitude
* The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available