J-W Manufacturing Company
Updated: Mar 20 2012
||Field Service Tech, Pressure testing of meter tubes, gas production units and other products
||Bristow, OK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the hydrostatic pressure testing of meter tubes, gas production units and other products to comply with AGA2000 specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
- Install, operate, observe and read pressure and temperature of gauges and charts
- Read and understand ASME and AGA codes
- Responsible for the familiarity with and comprehension of ANSI rating for all sizes of flanges and fittings
- Document temperature and pressure readings; report any irregular reading to management
- Inspect all unit components and report defective parts to management
- Maintain all gauges, charts and other related equipment for used testing
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: others may be required based on state and federal legislation and/or company policy revisions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of metal fabrications or other structures
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Valid Drivers' License
- Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain one
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available