ENSCO Services Ltd
Updated: Aug 6 2012
||Mechanic, Rig Mechanic
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Ensures the effective operation of all the mechanical equipment on board the drilling rig keeping downtime to an absolute minimum. This includes the main engines, air compressors, potable water system, sewage treatment system, drill water manifold and pumps, bilge manifold, drilling equipment, cranes, air conditioners, etc.
Reports to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM). Supervises Assistant Mechanics and assigned Roustabouts in mechanical related activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three years working as a Mechanic on an offshore drilling rig is preferred.
- Completion of all training and certification requirements for Mechanic.
- Completion of Secondary, Mechanical Trade School or High School education is preferred.
- Responsible for own personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Participates in rig safety meetings and other rig safety programs.
- Follows correct lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Shows commitment to ENSCO safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others.
- Eliminates all mechanical hazards as they are identified. Establishes effective barriers when unable to remove hazards.
EQUIPMENT / MAINTENANCE:
- Ensures efficient and continual functioning of all mechanical, centrifugal, and auxiliary machinery and equipment including:
- hull and deck machinery
- portable water and sewage treatment systems
- drill water manifold and pumps
- bilge system
- fire pumps
- centrifugal and auxiliary pumps
- drilling equipment
- Monitors fuel transfer to/from rig.
- Supervises taking on water and diesel.
- Adheres to rig mobilization procedures as directed by operations manual and the barge engineer.
- Maintains proper levels of mechanical parts, spares and equipment inventories.
- Ensures all mechanical tools and equipment are kept in safe working order.
- Assists the Electricians and Welders on special projects when requested to do so.
- Complies with company policy, safety guidelines, as well as applicable government regulations and rules.
- Assists in corporate and regulatory inspections.
- Ensures compliance with Permit to Work system.
- Maintains regular communication with the OIM and Barge Engineer during all phases of major rig repair and maintenance projects.
- Maintains daily log of activities.
- Conducts pre-task meetings and when a work order is required, only undertake work authorized.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available