Updated: Jul 12 2011
||Instrumentation Technologist, Welder/Fitter, Welding Superintendent, Orbital Welding or Automated Welding experience needed
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Weld Technicians will Perform Orbital Welding of tubing and components.
- Must set up and calibrate power supply with appropriate program, set up gas mixing equipment and conduct tube preparation with manual or automatic equipment.
- In addition Weld Technicians must perform manual welding of tubing and components as required.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together in accordance with Engineering provided drawings or schematics.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Handles both ferrus and non ferrous materials.
- Formulates weld maps for traceability purposes.
- Using basic computer skills can access PLM system to retrieve Engineering drawings and documentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As set forth more fully in the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Oceaneering is an equal opportunity employer.
- Requires a minimum 5 years experience in utilizing GTAW, SMAW, FCAW and GMAW welding processes.
- Tube welding experience using GTAW process a must.
- Must be a Certified Tig Welder / Fitter.
- Must have basic computer skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available