Danos & Curole
Updated: Dec 9 2010
||Mechanical Engineering, QA\QC Inspection, Mechanical & Inspection Methods Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our International Recruiting division has a requirement for a suitably qualified, experienced and highly professional M & I Methods Engineer who possesses the skills set and experience listed below.
This position is a resident position based in LAGOS, NIGERIA. This position is open to NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
Minimum Education and Experience
B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum 4 years experience of project / operations in the field of maintenance in the Oil and Gas industry.
Experience in maintenance support and in particular in spare parts management and procurement.
Experience of Computerised Maintenance & Inspection management systems, and in particular of Unisup.
Perfect command of written and spoken English.
Purpose of service:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Service consists in the building of Methods and Support activities within the Maintenance Group, covering the following functions: issuance of reporting, Maintenance documentation administration, planning, performance monitoring and lessons learned follow up, and other similar activities.
- The duties consist of organising and following-up the functions defined here-above.
- The work includes close relations with other Field Operations staff including HSE, Production, Inspection and Marine. It also includes direct contacts with the maintenance staff on board the FPSO and with the Contractors.
- The duties also include the supervision of engineers which are assigned to specific tasks.
To apply for this position, kindly submit your resume in MS Word.
Please include the following information in your resume:
- Analyze lessons learned on corrective maintenance and implement follow up action to prevent this event from occurring again (modification in the preventive maintenance).
- Ensure the coordination of maintenance activities with offshore planner.
- Performs the reporting for the Maintenance and Inspection group including the issuance of the weekly dashboards, the monthly report and all the ad-hoc reports.
- Ensure that needed spare parts are well identified and registered in our Computerized Maintenance and Inspection Management System (CMIMS Unisup)
- Update the spare parts list according to article number created, replaced or deleted.
- Keep the CMIMS updated in term of technical data (Catalog), spare parts and preventive maintenance.
- Develop methods to improve maintenance and/or inspection activities performed on the FPSO.
- Monitor the use of our CMIMS and perform housekeeping actions in order to maintain it updated.
- Monitor methods use and take actions to improve their use.
- Challenge the maintenance preventive planned in terms of operations content and periodicity.
- Trains and supervises the methods technicians in charge of the tasks associated to the above function.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Hierarchy.
- Perform any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by Company.
Please be advised that Only Suitable candidates will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in Danos & Curole.
- Qualifications and courses
- Language abilities - written and spoken
- Availability/Notice Period
- Current location and contact number
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available