Ocean Rig UK Ltd
Updated: May 3 2012
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Ocean Rig specializes in providing experienced offshore drilling capability in ultra-deep waters and harsh weather conditions. The Company owns and operates two of the world's largest technologically advanced Rigs.
In anticipation of a growing demand for ultra-deep drilling, Ocean Rig is expanding its fleet and will soon complete the construction of four, 6th Generation drillship's. This rapid growth and global expansion creates a number of exciting opportunities for individuals who wish to build their career in the international deepwater drilling industry.
The assistant rig manager reports into the rig manager to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the rig.
Preferably from a drilling background, the assistant rig manager will have significant oil field experience, as well as well as a familiarity with regulations and classifications applicable to a semi-submersible rig.
As a global organisation and to ensure a safe working environment, it is essential that all applicants have a strong level of English, both written and oral.
Required Qualifications and Certificates: All certificates must be current and nationally recognized.
- Assist the rig manager with the overall operation of the rig, ensuring it is operated in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure safe operation in accordance with the operation manuals and HESQ guidelines
- Ensure that the rig is operated within the frame of the drilling contract and in accordance with Ocean Rig's approved operating budget
- Assist in marketing if the rig and in bid/tender preparation
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- Valid Offshore Survival Course, OPITO or equivalent
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available