Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company's operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
This position will provide and support engineering design, construction specifications, installation, and commissioning of the well site production facilities. Responsibilities associated with engineering and project management for company operated infrastructure (such as water disposal systems) and continuing facilities changes necessary to keep wells in compliance with regulatory agencies. Will also be a focus throughout the project phase with an emphasis on continued improvement, overall optimization, and cost reduction for the Bakken asset. The successful candidate will interface with Marathon employees, contractor employees and vendors to optimize facility design and functionality to operate in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Effective teamwork is required by the engineer as information is gathered and communicated between field operators and other team members.
Work could include performing engineering studies, evaluations, specification preparation, project engineering/management, construction oversight, troubleshooting, and support to production operations.
The drilling phase of the Bakken Asset is ongoing and fast paced. Facilities work will need to be completed and commissioned to meet the plan of development.
A demonstrated commitment to HES standards and policies is a must for the candidate filling this position.
- Sets clear HES performance expectations and ensures all MOC HES policies and procedures are understood and maintained within area of responsibility.
- Promotes a positive and constructive workplace. Interacts with other team members in a manner that will help build respect and achieve set goals. Mentors less senior members of team.
- Initiates action that will enhance the operation's safety and environmental record. Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and plans along with federal, state and local regulations.
- Helps reach production goals by ensuring reliable fit for purpose facility design and timely installation.
- Participates in capital / expense optimization in the areas of influence.
- Be proactive with continuous learning in all areas, especially emerging technology related to production facilities.
- Assist in expense and capital project budget preparation and review.
- Assist with record keeping in areas such as pipeline maps, as built drawings, job books, etc.
- Assist with the successful implementation of a maintenance management system (COGZ).
Degree: Bachelors Required
Major Discipline: Engineering
Years Experience Required: 5+ including field experience and previous facility/pipeline design experience is desired.
Computer Proficiencies: Excel and Word are required. MS Project, WAM, TOW, COGZ and HYSYS would be a plus.