Updated: May 4 2012
||Maintenance Technician, Planner / Scheduler
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources - conventional and unconventional - through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders - it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands - at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing maintenance planning support for all facets of the Long Lake SAGD (Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage) field and central processing facilities.
This position, as directed by the Planning Superintendent, is structured to provide quality job plans including site preparation, parts requirements, support equipment requirements, and resources with necessary information to allow for the efficient scheduling assignment and execution of maintenance work, and to support the process as designed to ensure safe, environmentally sound, and cost effective operations in accordance with expectations, goals, and objectives of Nexen.
The Planner will interface with the Production Coordinator, Maintenance Execution Team, and the Scheduler.
• Coordinate labour resources, equipment, parts and materials to support the maintenance function in the areas of breakdown, preventative, predictive and condition based maintenance;
• Facilitate and administer all day to day maintenance planning activities. Involves receiving work requests from client departments and determining who should perform the work: maintenance personnel, contractor or engineering. Maintenance work is planned by identifying required labour, tools, materials, project lead-time, and estimating number of personnel hours required to complete the work request;
• Assign priority to work orders as per defined procedures and schedule them accordingly;
• Coordinate and participate in the development of preventative maintenance routines and monitor the scheduling of same;
• Coordinate and schedule routines for Condition Monitoring (i.e. Infrared, Vibration, and Oil Analysis);
• Ensure that all tasks are continuously improved by incorporating feedback from work execution processes;
• Create material masters for non-stacked material items and request expected delivery dates;
• Nexen Planners will release work orders;
• Ensure cost control of Maintenance Activities;
• Ensure accuracy of feedback data and reviews same. Identifies and reports deviations for analysis;
• Manage work backlog into work plan;
• Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) and produce standard reports as required;
• Include recording machinery/equipment repair history, generating reports, and historical data for analyzing performance statistics and trends;
• Ensure materials' staging is completed in readiness for scheduled work;
• Track work orders to completion and electronically capture the failure codes and repair actions;
• Maintain equipment history;
• Report on Maintenance Key Performance Indicators;
• Participate in Reliability Centered Maintenance Assessments;
• Update and maintain SAP PM Master Data;
• Update and maintain Bill of Materials (BOM);
• Actively participate in Health and Safety meetings.
• Engineering Degree or Journeyman Technician/Technologist Certification (Instrumentation, Electrical, or Mechanical);
• Experience in contractor coordination in a Refining, Upgrading, or Oilfield environment;
• 3 - 10 years' experience in Maintenance and/or Turnaround Planning;
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
• Excellent working knowledge in using at least one of the CMMS systems (SAP, Immpower, Immpower SP, Maximo, or Primavera) and Database applications. Ideally possesses SAP experience for inventory inquiries, reserving materials, and ordering materials and cost analysis;
• Strong communication skills verbal and written;
• Ability to produce timely and high quality documentation;
• Proven teamwork environment skills;
• Ability to lead meetings.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available