Roevin Technical Recruitment
Updated: May 2 2012
||Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Site Engineer
||Calgary Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Site Commissioning Supervisor
Our client is a rapidly growing and well-capitalized energy company headquartered in Calgary focused on oil sands development in the Athabasca region of Alberta, Canada. The company owns a 100% working interest in 800 square miles of oil sands leases which are estimated to contain in excess of six billion barrels of oil in place and approximately three billion barrels of recoverable resource.
With growth comes opportunity and there is a current need for a Site Commissioning Supervisor to fill a full time staff position based in Calgary, Alberta.
Contribute to the success of our client's Operation and Growth Strategy by building and leading the multi-disciplined Site Operations team through the Commissioning and Start-up of Phase 2B facilities.
This key leadership position works closely with, and manages the interface between; the Field Operations and Major Projects teams to ensure operational, maintainability, health & safety, environmental, lessons learned, and quality are implemented into the Phase 2B project.
The successful candidate will report to the Phase 2B Site Commissioning Manager and will be a key member of the operations team focused on developing and fostering a culture of collaborative, results-orientated, and high performance integrated teams.
• Provide and demonstrate personal Safety leadership in accordance with company's Environment Health and Safety Program. Provide leadership in establishing a strong Safety culture within the organization.
• Lead, and manage a multi-discipline, operations focused organization to facilitate and coordinate the construction handover, commissioning and start-up of the Phase 2B facilities. The focus of which is operability and maintainability to consistently achieve ~ 93% on-line time of the operation.
• Responsible for the management of project commissioning and start-up budgets.
• Develop standard start-up and commissioning plans for Phase 2B. Ensure all are in compliance with the appropriate government and regulatory bodies.
• Conduct Operations Readiness Reviews. Integrate Commissioning and Construction schedules to optimize project implementation, commissioning & start-up, and ramp-up.
• Inform Field Operations staff of Commissioning progress and trigger their involvement when 2B commissioning activities infringe on existing operations.
• Anticipate operational difficulties and implement effective corrections at the design stage.
• Capture and provide "Lessons Learned" from Phase 2B Start-up to the Major Project Team in the design and implementation of future phases of the development and operations.
• Provide leadership and support in the pursuit of Operations Excellence and Continuous Improvement.
• Establish a collaborative, results-orientated culture of accountability in the Construction and Operations organizations.
• Develop, establish, and foster a strong, positive working relationship with our all stakeholders - internal and external.
• To provide guidance and mentorship in the development of the capacity and capability of the operations & project organizations.
• Key Member of the Site Management Team.
• Second Class Power Engineer
• 10-15 years Operations experience
• Proven leadership and management capabilities in the area of an building and leading an operations team
• Strong technical knowledge in area of operations, engineering & project management
• Knowledge and experience with Heavy Oil and SAGD operations, water treatment, Steam generation and oil treating facilities
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for this position at this time. Your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available