Wadleigh Energy Group-STAR Division
Updated: Oct 29 2007
||Emergency Response / Paramedic, Self Motivated, Dependable, Level Headed, Professional with Excellent Communication Skills & Open minded
||Gulf of Mexico, Coastal & Deep Water, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are currently looking for *** Nationally Registered *** Paramedic level providers to work on our client's drilling projects in the GOM. Applicants with offshore experience and related certifications are given preference when recruiting and are eligible for a sign on bonus and higher starting salary.
- Appliant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate in all aspects of service provided to the Client & Crew Members.
- Applicant must be capable of passing USCG Physical, DOT 5-Panel Drug Screen, Pre-Hire Assessment and Background Check.
- Applicant must be physically capable of performing all the duties required for this position while working in both unstable and stable (moving) environments.
- Applicant must be capable of working with several different persons in cramped or limited quarters for extended periods of time.
- Applicant must be physically capable of completing our in-house Occupational Wellness Coordinator program which does have several fitness related components.
- Applicant must have or be able to obtain passport with in 90-days of employment.
- Applicant must have current State and National Registry Level Paramedic Certification (NREMT-P as appropropriate for contract).
- Applicant must have current ACLS, HCP-BCLS and Paramedic level trauma certification (ITLS, PHTLS, etc.).
- Applicant must have no less than two (2) years of EMERGENCY experience at the Paramedic level. Various types of experience will be measured as it pertains to the needs of the contract.
- A working knowledge of OSHA, MMS & USCG regulations preferred.
- A working knowledge of Drilling Rigs of various types preferred.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Web Browsing and Email systems is preferred.
- Veterans with appropriate experience and certification are welcome.
- Applicant must be able to work 2-weeks on and 2-weeks off (Gulf of Mexico, 14/14) and MUST have dependable transportation for travel to and from shore base locations and provide proof on insurance.
- Offshore SAFETY activities include maintenance of the Personnel on board program, conducting New Arrival safety briefings, performing basic safety training, weekly safety classes, assisting with emergency drills and some clerical duties.
- Offshore MEDICAL activities include clinical assessment, wound closure, advanced pharmacological therapy, regular inventory of equipment & supplies, continuous in-house medical education and emergency ALS response.
- Offshore WELLNESS activities include fitness assessments, several different Point of Contact health assessments, tracking & trending of statistical information, weekly health classes & nutrition classes, program promotion and motivation of crew, intervention and goal setting, and smoking sessation program promotion and management.
- Employer paid medical insurance for employee, with supplemental policies for family coverage. This is a standard 80/20 plan with $20.00 Primary Care Physician and $30.00 Specialist Co-pay. There is a $500.00 in network calendar year deductible and prescription card.
- We also have limited Vision and Dental plans as well as ADD, Long & Short Term Disability plans.
- Employer paid $50,000.00 Life Insurance Policy.
- Paid mileage for crew change, training, etc. at $0.40/mile from our office in Lafayette, La. to each shore base.
- 6-Hours pay for crew change day.
- Five straight time rate, paid Holidays.
- 401-K after one year.
- Direct Deposit Payroll.
- In-house CEU's, with corporate web based Learning Management System.
- Performance review after 90-days with raise and then annual with raise/bonus based on performance.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available