WORLDWIDE RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS
Posted:Jun 25 2013
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Sr. Petrophysicist performs petrophysical activities associated with field development and exploration such as: tendering for contract petrophysical services, formation evaluation planning, selection and supervision of contract petrophysical support personnel, supervision and QC of offshore and onshore wireline logging activities (open and cased hole), integrated analysis of all logs, core and fluid data, perforation recommendations, incorporation of log analysis results in geologic and engineering interpretations, maintenance of petrophysical databases, and mentoring of less experienced staff. Emphasis on ensuring Logging Contractor quality of service
• Provide guidance to petrophysics team in providing petrophysics services to the Company's operating assets/ projects as per work request.
• Plan, supervise, and coordinate evaluation and analysis of petrophysical data necessary for Geologist, Development and Engineer, Reservoir in order to predict the presence of hydrocarbons in wells for calculations of oil and gas reserves and for reservoir studies.
• Mentors petrophysicists and geoscientists with less experience.
• Identifies, develops and implements training in Petrophysics for subsurface group.
• Works effectively with reservoir, petroleum, and drilling engineers and rig personnel.
• Identifies, designs and implements field studies, which will facilitate future field development.
• Interfaces with technical management to identify, develop and implement joint technical initiatives.
• Participates in well planning and assists with development of pre-drill documentation packages (i.e. designs and provides logging program, identifies potential logging hazards, etc.).
• Performs quick look formation evaluation methods in support of real-time decision making and provides input for selection of perforation and testing intervals.
• Uses workstation based Petrophysical models to provide fully integrated field-study quality interpretations in support of geologic and reservoir modeling used in field development planning.
• Performs operations activities during drilling (i.e. pre-logging job planning with petrophysical contractors on rig(s), training and monitoring of petrophysical personnel, interface with other Geoscience, Engineering, and Drilling personnel).
• Provides operational and technical support for openhole and casedhole logging operations including acquisition planning, QC, and analysis of all logs acquired.
• Contributes to the enhancement of existing and future petrophysical analysis models.
• Makes recommendations regarding Routine (RCA) and Special Core Analysis (SCAL) work to be done for measurement of petrophysical parameters. Designs and supervises core analysis lab measurements in collaboration with other concerned staff.
• Provides input to support development of reservoir surveillance strategies including design of baseline logging programs.
• Designs and supports implementation of written input for post-drill well reports.
• Develops scope of work for tendering of petrophysical services and analyzes tenders.
• Monitors petrophysical contractors and administers contractors Quality Assurance Plan.
Job End Result:
• To ensure consistency, quality and reliability of petrophysical service as per work requests from assets.
• To ensure the technical development of Petrophysical team under Geology Department.
• To provide efficient training/mentoring to the less experience Geoscience staffs.
• To ensure the efficient internal training course on petrophysical evaluation.
• To maintains and ensures accuracy and completeness of petrophysical databases/ catalogs (digital and hard copy).
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available