Posted:May 24 2013
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The incumbent will be based in Houston and report to the Offtake Lead based in Calgary.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- As part of an integrated team the Pipeline Engineer is accountable to:
- Review the Basis of Design for the pipeline export system.
- Work with the Engineering Services Contractor to Identify and define feasible offshore pipeline solutions for.
- Identify and mitigate key design, execution and operability risks.
- Participate in peer reviews and risk assessments.
- Prepare the pipeline sections of the Concept Selection Report and updates to the Basis of Design
- Develop cost and schedule forecasts.
- Assure pipeline designs are in compliance with Company and applicable standards.
- Maintain regular communication with Calgary based engineering, project and technology development groups to identify, develop and leverage novel approaches and best practices.
- Mechanical, Civil or related engineering degree required.
Desired Experience Level
- 10+ years of major offshore pipeline design and construction experience.
- Clear understanding of design and construction requirements for Arctic pipelines is desirable.
- Has proven experience in multi‑national, multi‑cultural business environments.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Active participation in development and use of industry and regulatory pipeline codes and standards
Excellent communication/presentation skills are required
Able to lead and encourage sound and effective safety and environmental practices.
Has the personality to initiate and cultivate relationships.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available