Laking Aran Moorhouse
Posted:Apr 25 2013
||45000 UK Pounds year
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior Cost Controller - Aberdeen
Position: Senior Cost Controller
Company: Large Installation Contractor
Salary Range: £45-60k(Depending on qualifications and experience.)
Job purpose: The Cost Controller is responsible for the management and reporting of all costs and revenues of project he/she has been allocated.
Start Date: ASAP
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish the first project budget/forecast based on handover bid from Sales Department
- Responsible for the updates of changes to the forecast based on inputs from project management and other project team members as applicable
- Responsible for monthly Project Cost Report and Project Management Report
- Preparation of monthly invoices to Client and follow up works
- Follow up reimbursable costs
- Evaluate the economic impact of changes/variations in scope of work
- Perform economical analysis, forecasts, deviations reports etc
- Increase other Departments' awareness of the Cost Control function
- Review of commitments
- Assist procurement on invoices from Subcontractors /Suppliers
- Manpower forecasting
- Vessel forecasting
- Budget transfer and variance register
- Budget variance formalization
- Project contingency follow up
- Cost sensitivities analysis
- Reporting requirements
Reporting lines and interactions:
-Functionally will report to the Cost Control Manager
-Operationally cost controller will be part of the project team and report to the Project Manager
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Stream Managers, Project Financial controllers, Contract Engineer, Commercial Manager, Planner and QHSES.
Mentoring: Cost controller
Finance/Business Master and/or qualification
10+ years experience of Cost Control depending on project size and complexity
Experience with large companies and an ERP system
Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Must work collaboratively with all members of the PMT and others within the Company
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Someone who is adaptable to change and a fast pace environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and GOPS
- Ability to analyze project risks and anticipate events
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available