Posted:Apr 16 2013
||QA / QC / Inspection, QC Inspector QC Inspector
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Eden Scott are recruiting for a QC Inspector for one of our Global Service Clients who specialise in servicing the Oil and Gas Sector.
To carry out Inspection activities in line with project requirements. Responsible for ensuring compliance with material/equipment specifications, EU directives, UK codes and standards. Assisting the QA/QC Supervisor in the approval and verification of Assembly and test work scopes carried out within the facility.
• Ensure on-going compliance to the QMS, work instructions & procedures is achieved.
• Reviewing Contractor Project Quality Plans.
• Preparation of QA and Documentation Packs.
• Reviewing Vendor Quality Inspection and Test Plans (ITP).
• Assist the QHSE Manager by performing Internal Quality Audits as directed.
• Maintain and assist the QA/QC Supervisor with Control of Calibration records.
• Performing Inspection on Incoming and Out-Going Goods.
• Promoting quality awareness among workshop.
• Approval and control of quality documentation during the assembly and test cycle.
• Assist the QA/QC supervisor with verification of traceability on all traceable parts during assembly.
• Assist the QA/QC Supervisor with identifying, conducting and documenting investigations on non-conforming parts and processes.
• Assist the QA/QC Supervisor in maintaining the online calibration, NCR and Inspection Reporting systems.
• Liaising with Workshop Manager on Quality and NCR Issues.
• Raising everyday QHSE standards.
• Expediting the implementation of corrective and preventive action.
• Developing and implementing new inspection procedures and techniques.
• Maintaining through knowledge of QC manuals procedures.
• Educating and policing the workforce in the correct procedures and work practices.
• Ensure function, hydrostatic and/or gas pressure tests conform to quality requirements.
• Assist the QA/QC Supervisor with final inspection of physical equipment and associated documentation pack before dispatch.
• Reviewing and updating quality control policies.
• Recognised full technical apprenticeship involving the use of mechanical measuring devices.
• Substantial proven experience within electro-mechanical quality inspection and supplier control areas.
• HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferred or relevant experience.
• Must have an excellent understanding of product quality, preferably proven ISO 9001 experience.
• A high level of tenacity in ensuring a quality product.
• Knowledge of QC operations preferably in the oil and gas sector.
• An ability to use measuring tools and be able to read technical drawings.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Computer literate, preferably with knowledge of Microsoft packages.
To apply please send a current CV to Wendy-Jo Fraser at Eden Scott.
Please be aware that Eden Scott do not submit candidate CVs to any company without the express permission of the individual.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available