Posted:Apr 5 2013
||Geologist, geomodeling, geomodelling, exploration, reservoir geology geomodeling, geomodelling, exploration, reservoir geology
||100000 UK Pounds year
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Geomodeling Specialist, Madrid
Expatriate Package ~ €200,000
A fast growing internationally diverse European E&P and Energy Company require a Senior Geomodeling Specialist for work with Exploration and Development assessing assets through Europe, Africa, South America and South East Asia.
10+ Years E&P Experience
• Provide high quality technical support, advice and QC on all reservoir geological modeling aspects of ongoing and new projects
• Participate and supervise the construction of reservoir geological models as input to reservoir simulator programs.
• Control and supervise the proper integration of all available data: structural, sedimentology, stratigraphy, rock physics, petrography and diagenesis into reservoir geological models.
• Responsibility for planning, organization, QC and follow-up of subsurface projects requiring the application of geological reservoir modelling.
• Participate in the proposal and planning of appraisal, development, production and injection wells.
• Integrate, align and coordinate the reservoir modeling work with other Geosciences disciplines such as Petrophyiscs Geophysics, Reservoir and Production Engineering in integrated projects
• Control and supervise the earth modelling approach based on well logs, core and geophysical reservoir parameters.
• Propose, plan, manage and supervise multi-disciplinary field re-development studies.
• Review, evaluate and calculate hydrocarbon reserves, resources and production enhancement opportunities.
• Participate and advise on petrophysical and petrographic analysis, particularly with respect to special core analysis.
• Effectively communicate technical results of evaluations and studies to functional management, both written and verbally.
• Keep informed about reservoir geological technology developments, promote the introduction of new technologies where relevant and justifiable
• Provide technical supervision to less experienced reservoir geologists. Mentor, coach and train junior colleagues in reservoir geological techniques, work flows and best practices.
• Generate reservoir geological models, including well analysis, well-to-well correlations and construction of subsurface maps.
• Generate and recommend analysis and studies in order to improve the quality of reservoir geological knowledge for field development
• Prepare study proposals and scope of work for external projects
• Supervise junior reservoir geologists in their daily work
• Mentoring and development of junior staff
• Follow-up and QC ongoing studies
• Assume responsibility for study schedules
• Guarantee compliance with objectives
For more information about this role please contact our London office
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available