Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited
Posted:Jul 15 2013
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, Who we are looking for
• Permit to work procedures.
• Recognised relevant NVQ qualification.
• Extensive experience of offshore operations
• Excellent knowledge of maintenance , associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation
• Vendor management experience
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Instrument Operator, under direction of the Production Supervisor, operates assigned topside process safely and efficiently and maintains the computer control systems, telecommunication, fire and gas, shutdown and related systems. This is done in accordance with legislative requirements, company health, safety, environmental, integrity and other relevant standards and Maersk values
• Maintains the vessel control system, the DCS, all offshore communications equipment, electronic navigation aids and all other marine electronics.
• Maintains emergency shutdown equipment.
• Responsible for completing verification assurance and maintenance routines, and maintaining quality records.
• Observes and complies with safety rules and regulations, including the permit to work system.
• Act as nominated person responsible for small bore tubings and fittings (RTP) as directed.
• Provides a source of technical expertise to operate, fault find and maintain the vessel and process control systems.
• Ensures that all planned maintenance is completed on the equipment for which he is responsible.
• Liaises with the relevant onshore support engineer and vendor reps to ensure that the integrity of software systems is maintained and no unauthorised changes are made.
• Participate as a member of the Chief engineer's team in delivering Maersk Oil North Sea performance targets.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
• Ensure necessary preparation for relevant scheduled activities.
• Maintain accurate and appropriate maintenance records and ensure that the data is entered into the appropriate information management systems.
• Raise relevant work permits in a timely manner.
• Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
• Ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant details in accordance with procedures.
• Is also able to read and work from engineering/vendor drawings
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available