Posted:Oct 31 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Drilling Superintendent,
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Bridge Energy is currently recruiting for a Senior Drilling Engineer for one of our clients in Brazil. A lucrative expat residential package is on offer and our client is able to hire immediately or equally wait for the right candidate. They are committed to a long term campaign in Brazil and this role offers career longevity in an attractive country.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 years experience, with 5-7 years' experience in deepwater operations. Knowledge of offshore deepwater drilling, pore pressure/fracture gradient prediction, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, well control, formation evaluation is required. A relevant degree or Masters in Petroleum/Drilling Engineering is highly desirable. The candidate should have a proven track record in adapting and using appropriate technologies. He/she should also have proven ability as a strong team player and team builder, and the willingness to assist the offshore teams at the well-site if required.
• Supervise and participate in the well design planning programming and reporting of drilling operations in global deepwater environments ensuring the technical and safety integrity of wells.
• Supervision of procedures and processes to ensure all the appropriate options are considered developing and promoting techniques and strategies that optimise asset value.
• Responsible for the technical engineering design and planning of the Brazillian deepwater operations.
• Preparation and review of detailed drilling programmes and statutory permits for submission to the Drilling Manager.
• Liaise with government and other agencies to ensure compliance.
• Analysis of drilling materials requirements to meet programme demands.
• Manage preparation of cost estimates and AFEs for future wells and reconcile actual costs with approved AFEs.
• Co-ordination of service requirements for daily activities.
• Mentoring and supervision of Drilling Engineers.
• Ensure that long lead material and equipment are identified and specified for procurement on time.
• Optimise performance by special studies when appropriate and ensure the proper application of new technology for client applications.
• Facilitate effective interfaces between services provided to drilling operations.
• Liaison and communication with the Subsurface Team and other disciplines.
• Contribute to the optimisation of company asset performance.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available