Posted:Jan 9 2014
||Geologist, • Candidates must be eligible to work in Malaysia
• Minimum of 10 years experience mainly in Exploration Geology.
• Experienced in play based exploration and demonstrated ability to integrate all subsurface disciplines in understanding petroleum systems and de-risking of exploration prospects.
• Proven exploration seismic interpreter with experience in 3D volume interpretation.
• Technically excellent with the ability to lead and mentor a subsurface team to produce high quality results.
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client is an international oil & gas company with assets in 4 countries and are continuing to grow aggressively. They have recently acquired new exploration blocks in Malaysia and are looking for experienced technical Explorationists to begin the new operations. As a result of this achievement they are looking to hire an exploration geologist to take a lead role in our recently acquired exploration blocks. The responsibilities of the role are described below:
• Lead a subsurface technical team in the comprehensive evaluation of the petroleum systems and exploration prospectivity of these offshore exploration blocks from play to prospect level.
• Plan the acquisition and lead the interpretation of a large 3D seismic volume (>3,600 km2) to be acquired within the first year of exploration.
• Identify and rank prospects within portfolio and lead the necessary technical evaluations to de-risk the prospects.
• Propose drill candidates to management and joint venture partners.
• Support the Exploration Manager in work program and budget planning, PSC and joint venture management.
• Mentor and train junior subsurface team members
• As a senior explorer in the exploration organization you will also contribute to the review of technical work in other countries and may at times be required to support new business activities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available