Posted:Feb 20 2015
||Electrician, Instrumentation Technologist, Mechanical Technician,
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The series consists of 5 modules, as detailed below.
1. Electrical Safety
2. Electrical Hazardous Area Equipment
3. Electric Motors
4. Generation, Distribution and Control of Electrical Supplies
5. Electrical Protection Systems
These self study modules will enable an individual to select those learning materials that suit his or her own particular requirements. Modules can be studied at the candidates own pace and can be studied in any order, but the recommended order is as numbered. The study time needed will vary from one module to another, and from one individual to another. It is likely to be in the range 40 - 60 hours for each module.
Each module will consist of one Workbook, and a "Guide to Open Learning".
No commitment to enrolling for the complete Oil & Gas Electrical Engineering Systems Series is required at any time although each candidate must register for each module.
Each module (detailed above) may be assessed by examination and an individual certificate endorsed by OPITO awarded to successful candidates.
Each exam which is passed successfully will contribute to one Certificate of Unit Credit towards The Certificate in Oil & Gas Electrical Engineering Systems. The Certificate will be awarded after all 5 Certificates of Unit Credit have been accumulated.
Aim of the Series
The aim of this Oil & Gas Electrical Engineering Systems Series is to help anyone with an interest in the oil industry, achieve a broad understanding of:
1. The underpinning knowledge relevant to the electrical engineering maintenance sector.
2. The theory, operation and practical application of a representative selection of electrical equipment and systems used in the oil and gas extraction industry.
Who is the series intended for?
• Non advanced electrical technicians who wish to see their experience reflected in a meaningful qualification, or who wish to refresh their understanding of Oil & Gas Electrical Engineering Systems.
• Mechanical, Instrumentation and Process Technicians who need to build on their background knowledge of the subject.
• New technical or engineering graduates, as part of their induction programme.
• Electrical technicians in other industries who wish to gain or enhance their knowledge and understanding of Oil & Gas Electrical Engineering Systems.
• The industry, as underpinning knowledge towards achieving standards of competence.
Modules consist of one, or more, spirally bound workbook contained in a presentation folder or available to download as a pdf.
As well as the subject matter workbooks contain:
• Training targets for candidates to achieve by the end of each unit.
• Test yourself questions to see how much candidates understand.
• Check yourself answers to check that candidates are progressing along the right lines.
• Activities for candidates to apply their new knowledge.
• Summaries for candidates to recap on the major steps in their progress
||PRICE (including UK delivery
|Electrical Hazardous Area Equipment
|Generation, Distribution and Control of Electrical Supplies
|Electrical Protection Systems
Postage overseas will incur additional cost dependant on location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available