As an Exploitation Engineer for the Ferrier asset area, you have an opportunity to be key player in a dynamic team of professionals focused on optimizing and expanding our production targets in a new project area with limitless potential. Working with a multi-disciplinary, geographic area team of production, exploration, land and other company professionals, you will use your proven reservoir engineering and field operations experience to provide economic evaluations and analysis that will influence the company's existing and future assets. Working closely with office and field staff, you will support, as well as recommend and implement new recovery methods that ultimately focus on growing production targets for this project and the company.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Execute and track the budgeted drilling program and work with the area team to develop next year's budget program
• Monitor and optimize the depletion strategies of the Company's new and existing pools including waterflood assets
• Evaluate potential acquisitions and present recommended acquisition value to management
• Provide engineering support and work with the area exploration team to develop existing and future company assets
• Evaluate the progress of the Canadian Natural's Horizontal well results and compare to other offsets
• Provide recommendations on the completions and re-completion of new and existing wells, as well as liaise with the production team to recommend production facilities
• Calculate, maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the corporate reserves
• Conduct analysis on new and emerging exploration prospects including directing reservoir studies, as required
• Typically 5+ years of petroleum engineering experience with Bachelor of Engineering
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Waterflood and EOR methods
o Hydraulic fracturing processes
o Reservoir evaluations
o Economic analysis and valuations
o Mosaic software
o OFM well & reservoir analysis software
o Fekete Harmony interface
To see related Exploitation/Reservoir Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: company website
Our Upstream Operations
Canadian Natural is one of the largest heavy crude oil producers in North America and our vast natural gas assets make us a top producer in Western Canada. We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals interested in applying their expertise to join us. Your initiative as a self-starter combined with our strong financial base will enhance our drive for execution excellence and will offer you long term career growth.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.