Posted:Jul 7 2014
||Subsea Engineering, Must have extensive mechanical design experience in pressure components or wellhead equiptment
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to the Process Plant and Machinery Team Lead your job responsibilities shall be:
- To provide client focal point for various projects
- Performing review of design documentation for compliance with regulations, codes and standards.
- Providing good control of projects, including communicating with clients, financial control and timely and accurate reporting.
- Provide technical assistance/advice as requested to internal and external clients.
- To provide technical support to other departments around the world as required.
- To perform project management of small projects
- To prepare estimates and quotations to clients
- Performing design appraisal of the following types of equipment:
Wellhead equipment (Drill-Thru, Standard systems) and its appurtenances including wellhead housings, conductor housings, running tools, landing rings casing hangers
- Mudline hangers and accessories
- Subsea/surface Christmas tree(dual/single bore, Hor/Ver Xmas Tree), including composite valve block, actuated valves, studded ports and H4 profile connector, as per API 6A and API 17D
- Tubing hangers, tubing string and premium thread boxes
- Valves used in Xmas tree and pipeline as per API6A/17D, ASME B16.34 and API 6D
- Valve actuators (hydraulic, pneumatic and scotch-yoke)
- Wellhead equipment adaptor, flow lines, cross-over adapters,
- Chemical injection and choke valves
- Tree cap and crow plug
- Subsea connectors (collet, mandrel, clamp, fast lock)
- Riser flanges and connections
- API and ASME high pressure flanges
- Blow Out Presenters (BOP)
- EDP (Emergency disconnect Packages), LRP (Lower Riser Packages)
The applicant will have strong mechanical design background in pressure components or wellhead equipment or sub sea equipment arena.
Technically strong, you will have good communication skills and a willingness to find solutions as well as problems. The role will require confidence in making decisions, sometimes under pressure and an understanding of the commercial aspects of your work.
Ideally my client are looking for someone;
- Degree qualified
- Experience in design (and preferably manufacturing also) of wellhead equipment,
- Working knowledge of materials used in wellhead equipment, namely AISI, ASTM and BS, in view of API specific requirements
- Familiar with internationally recognised pressure vessel codes and standards namely ASME, PD5500, and API
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group UK Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available