International Oil & Gas Company
Posted:May 12 2010
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Purpose of position:
Responsible for all well planning and engineering. Providing technical advice and support to Company management and operations. Prepare and improve current Well Designs according to Company Standards. Pure Engineering position
• Lead Well planning and design
• Support business development group in assessing drilling-related aspects of business opportunities
• Participate in technical tender preparation and evaluation
• Review drilling/workover programs & budgets. Preparing detailed work programs.
• Supervise the development and implementation of COMPANY’s Well Construction Process and Well Construction Manual.
• Invent Innovative Methods to improve Well Construction process and Well Design.
• Development of new/novel approaches to: contracting and drilling / completion / testing wells.
• Responsible for implementation of and adherence to COMPANY HSEQ standards and procedures throughout the field operation.
• Liaison with Drilling Manager and Drilling Superintendents to ensure that objectives for wells are set and fully detailed in the procedures for the construction of each well.
• Maintenance of drilling policies and procedures.
• Carrying out and reporting of internal/external audits.
• Contracting strategy/implementation for equipment and services.
• Development drilling / completion planning and budgeting input.
• Notifying and discussing with Drilling Manager any deviation from drilling program.
• Tracking and controlling cost of all drilling-related operations and their compliance with budget and AFE.
• Supervise preparation of drilling reports and final well reports. Monitoring the quality and measuring KPI (Key Performance Indicator) of all parties involved in the operation such as operator, rigs, service companies, logistics and etc.
• Develop trainee engineers within the department.
• An engineering degree and min. of 10 years experience in drilling (engineering/operations).
• 2 years experience in leading field operations position.
• Experience on international and/or remote drilling operations (onshore)
• Proven track record in applying performance drilling concepts.
• Proven ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
• Preparedness to take decisions and accept responsibility.
• Experience in guidance and supervision of personnel.
• Fluency in the English language.
• Good communications skills, team oriented working
3 weeks ON / 1 week OFF
Duration: 2 years
Start: Immediate, To be agreed
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.