WorleyParsons Services Pty Limited
Posted:Mar 5 2014
||Engineering Manager, Recognised Engineering Degree
||London, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
WorleyParsons are looking for a Project Engineering manager to work on Concept Studies on Brownfield offshore Projects . Position is based in London with Business Trips to Nigeria
Candidates must have offshore brownfield experience
To ensure HSE has the highest priority in all activities undertaken by engineering and design personnel.
Develop, execute, supervise, and coordinate all technical aspects of the work safely with primary focus on the integrity/quality of the engineering/design while achieving schedule and budget objectives.
Plan and co-ordinate multi-discipline engineering design assignments within and across disciplines, including multidiscipline technical issues and single discipline technical issues that have the potential to impact overall project progress.
Plan and manage engineering and design systems implementation, technical specifications, standard drawings, standard setup of models etc. and data management systems.
To establish and maintain good working relationships with customer Management teams.
Manages the initial researching of lessons learned and promotes the ongoing capture of new lessons learnt during the project.
Represents engineering at the highest level of the project and participates inter-function coordination and meetings
· "Basis of Design (BoD)" is adequately documented and changes to it are managed.
· Technical scope is defined and communicated.
· Engineering (SEAL) Plan is prepared and implemented.
· Applying specific SEAL requirements including:
o Coordination of customer Alignment with SEAL.
o Definition and planning for the application of SEAL (through the Engineering (SEAL) Plan).
o Facilitation of engineering team execution of the plan.
o Verification of compliance with the plan.
· Coordination of the engineering team. This includes addressing performance shortfalls with supervisors and rewarding good performance
* Ensure that engineering activities undertaken on the project are in compliance with relevant legislation, codes, standards, EMS documentation and customer requirements as defined in the BoD and Project Execution Plan (PEP).
· Ensure the engineering systems for analysis and design used on the project are compliant with Global directives, are appropriate to the complexity and nature of the task and are used efficiently.
· Drive communication relating to technical matters.
· Ensure that Technical Integrity and Safety in Design are not being compromised to meet schedule.
· Steward the design so that it meets or exceeds engineering standards with regard to quality, cost, safety and performance. Innovative solutions are being encouraged.
· The design can be safely constructed, operated, maintained, decommissioned, and abandoned/demolished.
· "Holds" and areas of uncertainty are highlighted/addressed
· There are measures in place within the project to obtain and process vendor data in a timely manner.
· Promote collaboration with other functional groups and project stakeholders on engineering matters.
· Promote the use of WKS (including the upload of project documents into the Go-Bys section)
· Coordination of registration and approvals from required engineering legislative bodies
· Provides effective engineering status reporting including input to the MPRD report and reviews
· Creates and actions recovery plans where required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available