Posted:Feb 5 2014
||Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Wireline Logging,
||30 UK Pounds hour
||Farnborough, United Kingdom
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical/Electronic Bias
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexities that support the Electrical/Electronic production and Test of Wireline tools in the Oil and Gas industry. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Develop manufacturing processes for sustaining products documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions
- Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
- Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing and for process improvements
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
- Bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
- Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and respect objectives
- Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety in own area
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
- Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that mechanical components are designed for manufacture while the technical and EHS perspective are properly conveyed
- Assure that all Electrical/Electronic engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
Ideal Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university (or a at least 4 years of manufacturing or operations experience)
- Strong knowledge of testing processes and troubleshooting electronic circuits to a component level.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available