Posted:Oct 21 2013
||Logistics Management, Motor Transport (MT) Scheduler • Scheduling of manpower, vehicles and plant equipment to deliver transport services in support. This is in accordance with both Military and Company procedures including Health & Safety & Environment.
• In line with key Stakeholders plan and alloca
||23000 UK Pounds year
||Hampshire, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This is an exciting opportunity for a MT Scheduler to join a leading FTSE 100 organization responsible of scheduling manpower, vehicles and plant equipment to deliver transport services.
- Scheduling of manpower, vehicles and plant equipment to deliver transport services in support. This is in accordance with both Military and Company procedures including Health & Safety & Environment.
- In line with key Stakeholders plan and allocate resources to meet the clients contracted transport needs.
- Using the relevant IT system produce detailed planning and forecasting documents for tasking, and resource availability. In addition ensuring qualified drivers and appropriately maintained / inspected vehicles are allocated within set deadlines and in compliance with Drivers Hours and Working Time Regulations.
- Utilise and update information on the appropriate IT systems.
- Brief drivers or teams to ensure adequate understanding of all nominated tasking and compliance
- Detail all movement of dangerous goods by road in compliance with Military and European regulations.
- Respond to the Service Support Desk and Customers regarding transport requests, queries faults and complaints.
- Maintain auditable records for all transport requests and associated paperwork.
- Support other positions within the Department as required in line with Operational training. In addition acting as relevant representative at Training Support meetings.
- Perform the duties of the 'on call' Duty MT Planner, where required working flexible hours.
- Carry out any other reasonable request in line with Operational requirements as directed by Management
- Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a full C+E driving licence
- Hold a current ADR Licence or other relevant carriage of Dangerous Goods (DG) qualification
- A proven track record of resource management including vehicles and manpower
- Solid understanding of military and/or civilian transport regulation and legislation, including driver licensing
- Experienced in understanding vehicle maintenance regimes
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to learn complex IT systems
- Experience of Military IT systems (JAMES / TAFMIS) and Military Technical Documentation (AESP etc.)
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service skills
- Ability to multi task and achieve key deadlines
- Articulate in oral and written communication
- Service Excellence: Is determined and uses initiative in pursuing standards.
- Planning and Organising: Identifies and evaluates priorities by differentiating between the urgent and important
- Professionalism: Actively seeks feedback, internally and externally, on successes/quality and uses feedback to enhance personal knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent training and career development opportunities.
- Flexible benefits package.
- Pension scheme.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available