NES Global Talent
Posted:Jul 28 2014
||ROV Ops / Tech,
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Hallin Marine, a Superior Energy Services company, is an integrated subsea contractor providing a range of engineering and subsea services to the offshore oil and gas sector worldwide. Headquartered in Singapore, but with operations around the globe, Hallin offers customers the technical expertise and a cost-effective capability to complete subsea engineering projects with confidence. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
Hallin Marine are currently looking for a Senior ROV System Engineer to join their team in Aberdeen.
***May suit an individual that is working offshore and keen to move onshore***
• Ensure that ROV equipment is managed in line with Hallin requirements.
• Assist with review of operational technical requirements for allocated ROV systems.
• Sourcing of company owned and third party equipment for operational ROV systems.
• Oversee mobilisation and demobilisation of allocated ROV systems.
• Produce performance analysis (breakdown statistics) on a monthly basis.
• Propose ROV system improvement plans where applicable.
• Provide input during modification and upgrading of ROV fleet.
• Ensure appropriate user documentation, certification, spares, and consumables are available at the Worksite to support planned/on-going ROV operations.
• Ensure that ROV Technical issues are reported & managed to conclusion and in a timely manner.
• Ensure that equipment spreads are, and remain, compliant with legislative and company standards applicable within the territory of operation.
• Technical Point-of-Contact for Project Teams and Offshore Crews.
• Ensure that ROV crews are aware of the roles and responsibilities associated with their respective positions and are carrying these out in line with Fleet & Equipment - ROV standards.
• Ensure that high focus is maintained on the maximisation of ROV Equipment uptime.
• Manage Planned Maintenance System Execution Standards.
• Ensure that core ROV crews are provided with sufficient information to manage ROV systems in line with company requirements.
• Maintenance of Offshore ROV Equipment Inventories to assist Project Billing accuracy.
• Control of Maintenance & Repair Budgets, including the review and authorisation of spares & equipment requests from Worksites, within the limits of assigned financial authority.
• Liaison with Ships' Operations Managers and Vessel Superintendents to ensure that Vessel scheduling is understood and used to maximum advantage for ROV maintenance.
• Liaison with other departments (including Commercial & Operations) to ensure timely Workflow for assigned Work-scopes.
• Liaison with Personnel & Logistics Team to ensure correct crew levels are maintained.
• Management of ROV crews while maintaining ROV systems in workshop.
• Participate in out-of-hours On-Call rota
The ideal candidate will have
• Previous experience in a similar role
• An understanding of data integrity and management of change
• High levels of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Enthusiastic and conscientious
• Previous work experience of safety and environmental matters
• Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Willingness to share information and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach
• Formal training in an engineering discipline to at least HNC level is essential.
• Consideration will also be given to those with extensive experience in ROV operations offshore.
• Ability to self-manage, including flexibility around work-hours profile in light of operational nature of position
• Disciplined and systematic approach to workload management with proven ability to prioritise tasks
Interested? Please apply today.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available