Posted:Aug 30 2013
||Captain / Master, Ships Mate / Officer, glasgow, hseq, saftey, marine supertintendent, hseq, marine, oil and gas, master, chief officer, lng,m lpg
||48000 UK Pounds year
||Glasgow, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The HSEQ Superintendent supports the Gas Fleet Operations with HSEQ responsibilities in communicating, monitoring, implementation of HSEQ Policy, strategies and objectives; evaluate and review the effectiveness of our Ship Management System. The measure of success will be achieving all HSEQ KPIs on a consistent basis, meeting the Business Unit expectations and upholding the brand that is Teekay.
* Treat Health, Safety and Environment as Top Priority
* Drive operational and cost leadership in HSEQ matters
* Work closely with all members of the Gas Fleet, ship and shore, to improve HSEQ
* Participate in budget and quarter-end preparation
* Acts as centre of expertise and focal point of support to the Gas Fleet Operations in all aspects of HSEQ matters.
* Acts as Deputy DPA for the Gas Fleet
* Review Vetting responses to ensure consistency across the Gas Fleet.
* Be a member of ERT during an emergency.
* Monitor Shipboard Drug and Alcohol testing and ensure testing requirements are met.
* Monitor Internal and External Audits status and ensure audits are carried out in accordance with requirements. Liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure effective closure of audit findings and approve closure of Audit findings.
* Carry out internal audits, where required.
* Coordinate and provide HSEQ performance reporting for Business unit & customers.
* Chair Gas Fleet HSEQ Meetings
* Contribute to Incident Investigation. Depending on nature of incident, lead or support the incident Investigation Team.
* Provide support to the HSEQ Manager and deputise for HSEQ Manager when absent from office.
* Respond to External and Internal customers on HSEQ related matters to ensure consistent delivery of first class service.
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES):
* Knowledge in International Maritime Regulations, statutory requirements and Maritime
* Knowledge and experience in Incident investigation, Auditing and Vetting Inspections
* Knowledge and experience in HSEQ practices and the Marine industry.
* Analytical, problem solving, time management and decision making skills
* Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner, and to represent Teekay effectively in external forums.
* Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to use range of IT applications
* Knowledge of vessel type operated with the ship team preferred
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available