Posted:Jul 19 2013
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Lead/Senior Operations Geologist - Overview
Centrica Energy Exploration & Production requires a Lead/Senior Operations Geologist to join their team in Aberdeen.
The role of the Lead/Senior Operations Geologist is to manage all aspects of Operations Geology across the Centrica business, from within the Wells team, for a continuous, multi-country, multi-string drilling programme.
- Package: Competitive
- Location: Aberdeen (AB11 6EQ)
Lead/Senior Operations Geologist - The Role
- Reports to Chief Geologist with matrix reporting line to Wells Team. Will be physically located within the Wells Team
- Manages the activities of a small group of Operational Geologists across the Centrica business
- Manages the communication/inter-face process in relation to operations geology issues between other Operational Geologists, Asset teams, Drilling teams and service providers across all Centrica business units and geographies
- Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with internal and external contacts
- Takes ownership of and drives corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines relating to well operations and well planning from a subsurface/geoscience perspective
- Ensures all Centrica Subsurface Statement Of Requirements (SOR) and Well Planning Packages fully comply with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements across all Centrica business units and geographies
- Ensures adherence to SOR, Well Planning Package and drilling programmes or provides advice on necessary revisions to the plan, based on data acquired or operational difficulties
- Procures and manages the activities of well site geology personnel. Acts as the key contact for well site geology personnel and ensures effective communication between onshore and offshore teams. Reviews daily geological reports and well site geologists log, ensuring a high quality of reporting is maintained
- Provides initial interpretations of geological data
- Coordinates the preparation of and revision to pre-drill Well Planning documents in conjunction with asset teams
- Assists Drilling Engineers and HSE in the preparation of PON submissions
- Preparation of formation evaluation Mud logging, LWD, wire line and coring programmes in conjunction with asset teams and service providers
- Ensures the quality of mud logging, wire line, LWD and coring data acquisition, daily reports and end of well reports
- Maintains Company’s daily operations geology records in well file
- Produces daily operations geology summary report for all current wells
- Distributes geological data to JV partners and statutory authorities Acts as the key contact for external parties in relation to data
- Completes WONS submissions for Initial Drilling Applications, Full Drilling Applications, Side-tracks, Completions, Well Tests and Abandonments
- Acts as the focal point for operations well scouting network
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies in support of Centrica’s objective to be an industry leader
- As appropriate, checks and approves invoices, etc. for services provided and ensures expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored
- Prepares and evaluates tenders for operations geology services. Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensuring delivery against KPIs/scorecards/FPAL
- Participates in the on call rota for all Well site geological operations and rig calls
- Makes visits offshore during well site geology activities for technical meetings and to enhance onshore-offshore company-contractor relationships/communications
- The job holder is expected to take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge
- Responsible for mentoring of more Junior Operational Geologists as well as running a graduate secondment programme of recently hired geoscientists
- The job holder is expected to be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required
Lead/Senior Operations Geologist - The Person
- A degree in Geology or related discipline
- Previous operational geology experience (preferably including offshore experience) in a geologist/geological role as well as experience of leading operational geology teams
- Solid understanding of drilling and well operations, especially well planning
- Highly operationally focused with ability to adapt to a continuous multi-rig drilling programme
- Commercial awareness/Understands project financing/cost control principles
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven relationship-builder - internally and externally
- Highly effective communication skills
- Self starter/Highly motivated
Lead/Senior Operations Geologist - The Company
Centrica Energy is in the spotlight as our role in finding essential oil and gas supplies become more and more significant both internationally and at home. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference. If you would like to raise your profile with a FTSE Top 25 energy company, now is the time to do it.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. This role will close on 13th September 2013.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button, To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email your recruiter directly typing 'Update Required: Lead/Senior Operations Geologist (CE3704)' in the subject title.
Centrica only works with preferred agencies for recruitment services. No further agency contact is required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available